Discover Evidence-Based Nutrition.
Researchers and clinicians at UC San Diego Health at Moores Cancer Center have been investigating important dietary and lifestyle changes that can help reduce the risks of cancer, assist in coping with a cancer diagnosis and its therapies, and enhance life after treatment into survivorship.
Help Us Meet the Match
Anne Daigle and Rich Heyman have generously pledged to match $100,000, dollar-for-dollar, donations to the Healing Foods Program. Your gift will help us reach this important goal.
Focusing on Nutrition
- Participants receive evidence-based nutrition information from nutrition professionals.
- Food demonstration classes and seminars each month focus on a nutrition feature.
Inspiring Healthy Eating
- Class participants have the opportunity to taste new foods, learn how to prepare recipes, and plan healthy meals.
- Classes include educational handouts with recipes, nutrition information, and menus tailored to each phase of healing.
Making an Impact
- In 2016-2017, this program reached 840 patients and caregivers.
- In 2017-2018, we reached 3672 patients and caregivers.